Mathematics Enrichment Course 2012
Irish Mathematical Olympiad Contest, 2012
Two members of the team which will represent Ireland in the 53rd International Mathematical Olympiad in Argentina took part in the enrichment classes here in NUI Maynooth. Congratulations to Ariel Lanza and Adam Connolly for making the team and to all the students who took part. The 2012 roll of honour lists the top 25 contestants from across the country.
The 24th Irish Mathematical Olympiad was held on 12th May 2012 in centres in Cork, Dublin, Galway, Maynooth and Limerick.
12th May 2012,
Paper 1 - 9.30 to 12.30 &
Paper 2 - 2.00 to 5.00pm
Location: MS2, Top Floor Logic House, South Campus, NUI Maynooth
Prizes were given to seven budding mathematicians who hope to represent Ireland in the International Mathematical Olympiad to be held in Mar del Plata, Argentina in July 2012.
- Ariel Lanza, St. Marcartan’s College, Monaghan
- Conor McMeel, Castleknock College, Dublin
- Adam Connolly, Coláiste Chiaráin, Leixlip
- Niall Kelly, Lucan Community College
- Fionn Keeley, Bailieborough Community School
- Niamh Broderick, Maote Community School
- Sean Diffley, Institute of Education, Dublin
These second level students took the top seven places in a contest held in NUI Maynooth in early March as part of a training programme for would-be olympiad competitors.