- Commuting probabilities of quasigroups,
- Distributive algebras, isoclinism, and invariant probabilities,
- Degree sum deficiency in finite groups, preprint (with D. MacHale
and Á. Ní Shé).
- Groups with commuting probability 1/3, preprint (with D.
- Finite rings with many idempotents,
preprint (with D. MacHale).
- Odd order rings with many idempotents,
preprint (with D. MacHale).
- Finite rings with many commuting pairs of elements,
preprint (with D. MacHale and Á. Ní Shé).
- Contrasting the commuting probabilities of groups and rings,
preprint (with D. MacHale).
- Isoclinism and weak isoclinism invariants,
- Polynomial product semigroups and ring commutativity,
preprint (with Yu. Zelenyuk).
- Wiring switches to lightbulbs, preprint (with A.G. O'Farrell).
Books and course notes
- Codaigh agus Córais Dhinimiciúla Réadacha,
Logic Press, 2006.
- Fractals and Real Dynamical Systems, Logic Press, 2006.
- Sobolev spaces: a short course, presented in Universidad de La
Laguna, May 2000.
- Rings with ideal centres, Sci. Math. Jpn., to appear (with
- A characterization of commutator-forcing polynomials,
Math. Proc. R. Ir. Acad., to appear (with D. MacHale).
- Finite rings with large anticommuting probability,
Appl. Math. Inf. Sci. 8 (2014), 13–25 (with D. MacHale and
- Minimal order semigroups with specified commuting probability,
Semigroup Forum (2013).
- Conjugate deficiency in finite groups, Bull. Irish Math. Soc. 71
(2013), 13–19 (with D. MacHale).
- Variations on a theme: rings satisfying \(x^3=x\) are
commutative, Amer. Math. Monthly 120 (2013), 430–440 (with D. MacHale).
- Polynomials that force a unital ring to be commutative,
Results Math. 64 (2013) 59–65 (with D. MacHale).
- Z-polynomials and ring commutativity, Math. Proc. R. Ir. Acad. 112
(2012), 51–57 (with D. MacHale).
- Small rings without ideal centres, Bull. Irish Math. Soc. 70
(2012), 41–49 (with D. MacHale).
- Powers of commutators and anticommutators,
ISRN Algebra, vol. 2012, Article ID 302524 (2012), 1–6 (with
- Centrifiers and ring commutativity, J. Math. Sci. Adv. Appl. 15
(2012),139–161 (with D. MacHale).
- Noncommutative anticommutative rings,
Bull. Irish Math. Soc. 18 (1987), 55–57 (with D. MacHale).
- Dividing an angle into equal parts, Math. Gaz. 69 (1985), 9–12
(with D. MacHale).
- A note on the ring axioms, Math. Gaz. 68 (1984), 215–216.
- Iterated log-scale Orlicz-Hardy inequalities,
Ann. Acad. Sci. Fenn. Math. 38 (2013), 757–770 (with R.
- Best constants for metric space inversion inequalities,
Cent. Eur. J. Math. 11 (2013), 865–875 (with S. Hamza).
- Distinguishing properties of weak slice conditions II,
Int. J. Pure Appl. Math. 71 (2011), 83–98 (with A. Diatta and
- Nonpositive curvature and complex analysis, Contemporary
Math. 525 (2010), 43–83.
- Univalent interpolation in Besov spaces and superposition into
Bergman spaces, Potential Anal. 29 (2008), 1–16 (with
- Metric space inversions, quasihyperbolic distance, and uniform
spaces, Indiana U. Math. J. 57 (2008), 837–890 (with D. Herron and
- Uniform domains and weak slice spaces, Conform. Geom. Dyn. 11
(2007), 191–206 (with D. Herron).
- Uniform domains and capacity, Israel J. Math., 158 (2007),
129–157 (with D. Herron).
- Ends of metric measure spaces and Sobolev inequalities, Math. Z.
252 (2006), 275–285 (with P. Koskela).
- Superposition operators and the order and type of entire
functions, Contemp. Math. 393 (2006), 51–58 (with D. Vukotic).
- Admissable measures in one dimension, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 134
(2006), 703–705 (with J. Björn and S. Keith).
- Sphericalization and flattening, Conform. Geom. Dyn. 9 (2005),
76–101 (with Z. Balogh).
- Relative solidity for spaces of holomorphic functions, Math.
Proc. R. Ir. Acad. 104A (2004), 83–97.
- Orlicz-Hardy inequalities, Illinois J. Math. 48 (2004), 787–802
(with P. Koskela).
- Quasiconformal images of Hölder domains,
Ann. Acad. Sci. Fenn. Math. 29 (2004), 21–42.
- Slice conditions and their applications, Rep. Univ.
Jyväskylä Dept. Math. Stat. 92 (2003), 63–76.
- Distinguishing properties of weak slice conditions,
Conform. Geom. Dyn. 7 (2003), 49–75 (with A. Stanoyevitch).
- Superposition operators on Dirichlet type spaces, Report. Univ.
Jyväskylä Dept. Math. Stat. 83 (2001), 41–61 (with
J.L. Fernández and D. Vukotic).
- Weak slice conditions and Hölder imbeddings, J. London
Math. Soc., 66 (2001), 690–706 (with A. Stanoyevitch).
- Weak slice conditions, product domains, and quasiconformal
mappings, Rev. Mat. Iberoam., 17 (2001), 1–37 (with
- Doubling for general sets, Math. Scand. 88 (2001), 229–245
(with P. MacManus and B. Hanson).
- Mixed norms and analytic function spaces,
Proc. R. Ir. Acad. 100A (2000), 1–9.
- Singular measures and the key of G,
Publ. Mat. 44 (2000), 483–489 (with P. MacManus).
- Inequalities of John-Nirenberg type in doubling spaces,
J. Analyse Math. 79 (1999), 215–240.
- Is the maximal function of a Lipschitz function
continuous?, Ann. Acad. Sci. Fenn. 24 (1999), 519–528.
- Weighted Trudinger-type inequalities,
Indiana Univ. Math. J. 48 (1999), 85–114 (with J. O'Shea).
- On the fusion problem for degenerate elliptic equations II,
Comment. Math. Univ. Carolin. 40 (1999), 1–6 (with P. Koskela).
- Bounded and compact multipliers between Bergman and Hardy
spaces, Integr. Equ. Oper. Theory 35 (1999), 1–19 (with M.S. Ramanujan
and D. Vukotic).
- Fractional integration, differentiation, and weighted Bergman
spaces, Math. Proc. Cambridge Phil. Soc. 126 (1999), 369-385
(with P. Koskela and D. Vukotic).
- Strong doubling conditions, Math. Ineq. Appl. 1 (1998),
- New Poincaré inequalities from old, Ann. Acad. Sci. Fenn.
23 (1998), 251–260 (with P. Koskela).
- Sequences of reverse Minkowski type, Proc. R. Ir. Acad. 96A
- Boman equals John, Proc. XVI Rolf Nevanlinna Colloquium (1996),
91–99 (with P. Koskela and G. Lu).
Criteria for imbeddings of Sobolev-Poincaré type
, Internat. Math. Res. Not. 18 (1996), 881–902
(with P. Koskela).
- Space-filling curves and related functions, Bull. Irish Math.
Soc. 36 (1996), 9–18.
- Pointwise multipliers for reverse Hölder spaces II, Proc. R.
Ir. Acad. 95A (1995), 193–204.
- Subelliptic Poincaré inequalities: the case \(p<1\),
Publ. Mat. 39 (1995), 313–334 (with P. Koskela and G. Lu).
- Sobolev-Poincaré implies John, Math. Research Letters 2
(1995), 577–594 (with P. Koskela).
- Sobolev-Poincaré inequalities for \(p<1\),
Indiana Univ. Math. J. 43 (1994), 221–240 (with P. Koskela).
- Pointwise multipliers for reverse Hölder spaces, Studia
Math. 109 (1994), 23–39.
- Summation conditions on weights, Michigan Math. J. 40 (1993),
- Estimates for operator norms on weighted spaces and reverse
Jensen inequalities, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 340 (1993), 253–272.
- The boundary at infinity of a rough CAT(0) space,
Anal. Geom. Metric Spaces, to appear (with K. Falk).
- Natural maps between CAT(0) boundaries, New York J. Math. 19
(2013), 13–22 (with K. Falk).
- The \(n\)-point condition and rough CAT(0),
Anal. Geom. Metric Spaces 1 (2012), 58-68 (with B. Hanson).
- Rough CAT(0) spaces, Bull. Math. Soc. Sci. Math. Roumanie 55
(103) (2012), 3–33 (with K. Falk).
- The spherical boundary and volume growth, ISRN Geometry,
vol. 2012, Art. ID 484312 (2012), 1–13 (with S. Kokkendorff).
- On Ptolemaic metric simplicial complexes,
Math. Proc. Cambridge Phil. Soc. 149 (2010), 93–104 (with J. McDougall
and D.J. Wraith).
- Ptolemaic spaces and CAT(0), Glasgow Math. J. 51 (2009),
301–314 (with K. Falk and D.J. Wraith).
- Comparing the Floyd and ideal boundaries of a metric space,
Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 361 (2009), 715–734 (with S.L. Kokkendorff).
- Detours and Gromov hyperbolicity, Int. J. Pure Appl. Math. 47
(2008), 313–323 (with S.L. Kokkendorff).
- Warped products and conformal boundaries of CAT(0) spaces
J. Geom. Anal. 18 (2008), 704–719 (with S.L. Kokkendorff).
- Geometric characterizations of Gromov hyperbolicity, Invent.
Math. 153 (2003), 261–301 (with Z. Balogh).