ISA Short Course 2011
The Department of Mathematics & Statistics, NUI Maynooth is delighted to announce that it will host an ISA two day short course on "The Association Graph and the Multigraph for Loglinear Models" on Thursday, 3rd November and Friday 4th November, 2011.
- Day 1: All talks will be held in MS2 on the top floor of Logic House, South Campus, NUI Maynooth.
- Day 2: All talks will be held in Logic Hall on the top floor of Logic House, South Campus, NUI Maynooth.
A map of the NUI Maynooth campus is available here. A detailed description of how to travel to Maynooth and things to do is available here. There is also accommodation available on campus, detailed information is available here.
Day 1 10am-5pm
|Structures of Association||Odds Ratio Two-way Tables Three-way Tables|
|Loglinear Models (LLMs)||Basic Principles, Notation, Terminology Two-way Tables Three-way Tables K-way Tables Properties Model-fitting Strategies|
Day 2 9am-4pm
|Association Graph||Basic Graph Theory Principles Development of the Association Graph Use of the Association Graph to analyze & interpret LLMs|
|Multigraph||Basic Principles of the Multigraph Development of the Multigraph Use of the Multigraph to analyze & interpret LLMs|
- Real-data examples used throughout to illustrate the techniques
- Emphasis on concepts, practical application, interpretation and understanding
- Source book: The Association Graph and the Multigraph for Loglinear Models by Harry J. Khamis, SAGE Publications, Inc., 2011.